INCOME TAX ACT 1967 (ACT 53)
PART IV - PERSONS CHARGEABLE
Section 69. Incapacitated persons.
(1) Where a person lawfully having the direction, control or management of any property or concern on behalf of an incapacitated person receives the gross income of that incapacitated person from all sources for the appropriate basis periods for a year of assessment, that first-mentioned person shall be assessable and chargeable to tax in respect of that income on behalf of that incapacitated person.
(2) Where there is no person assessable and chargeable to tax by virtue of subsection (1) in respect of the income of an incapacitated person, the Director General may appoint any person under subsection 68 (1) to be the agent of that incapacitated person for all the purposes of this Act.
(3) Without prejudice to subsection (1) or (2), if an incapacitated person assessable and chargeable to tax is a minor, the minor's parent or guardian (or any person standing as regards the minor in a relationship corresponding to that of parent of guardian) shall be assessable and chargeable to tax on behalf of the minor.
(4) Nothing in this section shall prevent a minor being directly assessable and chargeable to tax.
(5) Paragraph 23 (c) shall apply whenever appropriate in relation to the reference to gross income in this section.
Copyright © 2002 PNMB LawNet. All rights reserved.